CAREERS AT PHG
We are always on the lookout for talent in the NYC area, or for talented people who want to work in New York City.
All applicants must send a resume — artists must include portfolio/sample work, or (preferably) links to such — to jobs (at) powerheadgames (dot) com
UI Artist/Interactive Designer
Our ideal candidate is a visual design ninja who’s comfortable working in different visual styles across different platforms. Experience with flash, web, console or social games and a working knowledge of Unity is a huge plus.
Must have extremely strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology. The candidate must be also familiar with information architecture principles and how to design for experiences with complex information or functionality on the iOS. A high attention to detail, excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects from start to finish, through all phases of creative deliverable is a must.
You will help define experiences from initial concept through final execution for complex and simple games, online communities and marketing web initiatives. Past experience at a top agency creating visual designs, wireframes, sitemaps, user personae and more for websites, micro-sites, mobile apps, rich media applications and other interactive initiatives is required.
- A killer portfolio
- Loves to play video games
- Expert use of Abobe platform
- Expert use of Omnigraffle or Visio or equivalent
- Refined typographic and layout skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
To apply, please send resume and portfolio link or attachment to jobs (at) powerheadgames.com with subject Interactive Designer
PC/Mobile Game Programmer
- Do you dream about flexible Direct3D vertex formats and shader optimization?
- Have you written rigid body physics solvers on a boring weekend, just to pass the time?
- Do you comment OTHER people’s code, because you understand it better than they do?
- Do people flock to see your steering behavior algorithms?
- Are your state machines state-of-the-art?
- Are you in the New York City area, or looking to make your move to the Big Apple?
If this sounds like you, and you have a strong passion–nay, LOVE–for making video games, then send us your resume. We’re looking for people with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Experience with as many of the following as possible: C++, C#, Lua script integration, HLSL/Cg shaders, heavy 3D math (including quaternions), real-time physics, A* pathfinding, inverse kinematics, multithreading, current-gen console development, client/server programming.
- U.S. citizenship, or authorization to work in the United States.
- Passion for games and game development, and pride in their work.
PHP/MySQL Server Programmer
- 4-6 years of experience programming PHP server applications with MySQL database connectivity (or similar).
- 2-3 years of experience programming Facebook applications and social games, using the Facebook API and similar tools.
- Extensive experience working on teams of multiple programmers, artists, and designers, communicating clearly with the rest of the team and seeing months-long projects to completion.
- Experience handling scalability in database query design and database architecture.
- Passion for games and game development, and pride in their work.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent.
- The ability to work on-site at Powerhead Games in New York City.
3D Artist - Lead or Senior
- The Lead Artist will establish, interpret, and refine concepts by providing inspirational artwork and by guiding the development efforts of the creative team.
- Ability to champion an established art style and re-imagine/improve it within a new context.
- Create concept art, ingame models, animations, user interfaces, and gameplay mockups.
- Report to the Creative Director and oversee the productivity of the team including quality of all art assets produced.
- Day to day concept work including modeling, texturing, animation and effects.
- Liaise with external service providers as required.
- Ensure good communication between art and other parts of the team and continuously review new creative design ideas and implementation tools.
- Attend meetings, reviews, presentations, and problem-solving brainstorm sessions. Requirements:
- 5+ years of production experience as a concept, production, lead artist or art director
- Art-related degree or comparable professional experience
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding of production from concept to post
- Solid understanding of the modeling, texturing, animation, and effects capabilities in Maya or equivalent 3D program
3d Character Animator-Creative Team
Summary: Powerhead Games is looking for a 3d Character Animator who will work closely with the Creative Director and other senior team members to create realistic high quality animations.
The 3d Character Animator defines the style, look and feel of animations for characters and other world objects. An ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of traditional animation principles, an understanding of the animation pipeline, and the ability to animate biped and quadruped as needed.
A background in games in not a requirement, although an applicant with experience in creating animations for games is highly desired.
Major Kudos if you’ve worked in Unity or other commercial game engines.
- Create high quality character animation primarily through hand, but possibly mo-cap animation as well.
- Develop animation assets that fulfill the requirements set forth in the game design and visual style.
- Ability to follow an established animation style and re-imagine/improve it within a new context.
- Attend meetings, reviews, presentations, and problem-solving brainstorm sessions.
- 3DS Max or Maya skills with the ability to hand rig if required.
- 2+ years of production experience as a character animator. Shipped games and finished projects appreciated too.
- Art-related degree or comparable professional experience.
- Demonstrated skill showing command of weight, timing, and character personality.
- Ability to animate creatures as well as machinery.
- Experience with facial animation and lip synch.
- Excellent communication skills, time management skills, and positive attitude. We’re looking for someone who can deliver on time and better than expected. Ability to work independently, but maintain “Team Focus”
Demo reel must evidence some of the following :
- Examples of varied animation style including male, female, and quadruped.
- Bonus points if you’re also a great modeler too.To apply, please send resume and portfolio link or attachment to jobs (at) powerheadgames.com with subject 3d Animator